At first I tried building the code base via an IDE. In other words, tried generating both CodeBlocks and KDevelop projects using CMake like this:
However, after importing these projects into their respective IDE's, none of them worked. I found it odd that KDevelop didn't work for me as many people reported success this way, so, I asked the community here. While waiting on that response I've moved ahead and 'manually' compiled the engine (i.e., generated the Unix Makefiles) as follows:
I'm not sure the install prefix was necessary as I don't think there is even a install rule defined in the Cmake file but I'm still a rookie at it so not sure.. Anyways, at the end (compilation took around 15-20 mins) I was able to execute the editor successfully. I'll call it a night for now. Note to self: Later on, you might want to enhance the root makefile by adding a cleaning method as described here.
I'm a software engineer with a passion for computer graphics.